This immersive game development course focuses on fundamentals, giving you the knowledge to build your very own iOS games. Go from complete beginner to junior game developer in 3 months, and use the apps you create throughout the course for your portfolio.
- Over 253 lectures and 22.5 hours of content
- Build iOS games using Sprite Kit
- Use the Objective-C language to build iOS games
- Understand game physics and mechanics
- Learn about sprite/texture creation, sprite theory, atlas files
- Learn how to implement obstacles & collectibles
- Learn to add sound, music, and sound effects
- Develop game menus and save/load game progression
- Receive a certificate of completion
Eliot Arntz teaches iOS development classes and workshops at General Assembly, and guest lectures for companies and development bootcamps around NYC.
John Nichols was the lead iOS developer at Fast Society and Cameo until he started BitFountain in 2012. The apps that John has contributed to have appeared in TechCrunch, Mashable, and the New York Times. At BitFountain, John oversees all projects from a technical and strategic perspective.
Jed Hastwell worked for many years as a web developer for various companies in Australia and the UK. He recently co-founded indie games development studio, Whistlefire that just launched their first game for iOS, Jungle Raider.